Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wilderness, Countryside or Coast

As I had already planned to visit Blackpool in regards to my significant place I thought this would also be the perfect opportunity to take some memorable coastal photographs. It was my intention to display Blackpool's coast from a different and personal perspective.



RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 100, 28mm, F5 @ 1/1250 - White balance (AWB)



This photograph was taken not long before magic hour lighting. Luckily the sun was hiding behind the clouds therefore not allowing as much glare into my camera lens which also added a great drama at emphasising the under pier with a silhouette effect. This also emphasized the beauty of the clouds formed in the sky adding to the extra aesthetical beauty of the photograph.



RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 100, 28mm, F8 @ 1/320 - White balance (AWB)


This is my favourite of all my coastal photographs. I concentrated on detailing the patterns formed within the sand within the foreground therefore allowing the background to be out of focus although still showing Blackpool tower to evident which coast I was photographing.



RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 100, 33mm, F5.6 @ 1/1250 - White balance (AWB)


This photograph was intended to show the meeting of the sea with the shore to depict a classic coastal photograph.



RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 100, 30mm, F5 @ 1/1250 - White balance (AWB)



This image was taken with a similar intention that I earlier mentioned as my favourite coastal photograph. Although I decided to capture a viewpoint compositionally with half of the sea and half showing the sand which also again detailed Blackpool tower in the distance and being evident of which coast I had taken the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment