Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The City or Urban Sprawl

Although I have not explored this area of landscape photography to its full potential as I would have liked to have done I did whilst on both of my main locations, Haworth and Blackpool, ensure that I did capture images to reflect how the urban landscape has grown due to the continual expansion of the human population.

We did take a group trip to Salford Keys in February where I did capture some urban photographs, as shown below, however I feel that they are not strong enough to convey my concept above.


RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 400, 28mm, F11 @ 1/160 - White balance (AWB)





RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 400, 105mm, F10 @ 1/160 - White balance (AWB)



The above photographs were taken from the top of the War Museum in Salford Keys. I liked the fact that I was able to capture an aerial view point which is not always possible to do so.



RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 400, 38mm, F10 @ 1/160 - White balance (AWB)





RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 400, 28mm, F11 @ 1/160 - White balance (AWB)




In Blackpool

RAW Image
DSLR settings - ISO 100, 28mm, F11 @ 1/160 - White balance (AWB)




I captured this image whilst on the Big Wheel on the central pier in Blackpool, again taking advantage of being able to capture an aerial viewpoint. Due to being on the ride I wasn't able to compose my images therefore I took one light metering and just continually clicked away in the hope of capturing a successful urban landscape photograph.I feel that this image greatly suggests the build up of the urban area, from the slight area of the sea captured in the little corner of the right hand side of the image, the beach to the road, the buildings and slight detail of the surrounding countryside.

Again this is one of my photographs I think I should consider to use to dipict the urban sprawl.


In Haworth

Another photograph I will be considering to use is one of my images from my return visit to Haworth as shown below.

RAW Image

DSLR settings - ISO 100, 85mm, F5.6 @ 1/100 - White balance (AWB)

A full in depth description as to why and how the photograph was taken is detailed within my post titled 'Re-visit to Haworth'.






















No comments:

Post a Comment