Saturday, February 13, 2010

Places Inspiration

Although I already have some ideas bubbling around in my head in regards to locations of where I wish to photograph, I still feel that I still need to take into consideration the places within the location. Also another factor I need to think about is from what kind of viewpoint will depict my photographs in the way I wish my audience to see and gain from them?

I have been looking at the photographic works of Andrew Paul Brooks who in 2008 did a sequence of images to portray hidden places throughout Manchester. 'Behind Reality: Hidden Manchester' was exhibited at the Urbis of Manchester from late December 2008.


I particularly like the above photograph, Brooks has used a viewpoint so that the audience is looking over and beyond Manchester from the shadows within a hidden location. This viewpoint adds drama and mystery to an overall aesthetically pleasing, atmospheric piece of photography



It is the bright bold colours which instantly attract you to the above photograph. Not 100% sure but I believe that it is possible that to achieve such a dramatical effect in regards to exceptional highlights and dark tones through the use of HDR software


To view more pictures in regards to Brooks' 'Hidden Manchester' please go to the below link

Below are some inspiring images from a memorable photographic artist Edward Weston. His landscapes are of a very simplistic nature and compositionally perfect within his frame







No comments:

Post a Comment